Legal Ethics Consulting, P.C. (LEC) is a firm for Illinois lawyers and law graduates who face challenges and/or threats to their professional careers. The Principal of the firm, Allison L. Wood, is a seasoned trial attorney who served as both a Hearing Board Chair and later, as Litigation Counsel with the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission (ARDC). The ARDC is the administrative agency in Illinois that regulates lawyers. Ms. Wood is extremely familiar with the Rules of Professional Conduct that govern lawyers as a result of her experience investigating, prosecuting, counseling, adjudicating and defending cases of attorney misconduct.
Ms. Wood defends attorneys who face ARDC investigations and/or complaints; provides ethics expert testimony in legal malpractice cases; and represents bar applicants seeking admission from the Character and Fitness Committee.
Since Ms. Wood is a Certified Ethics MCLE Provider, she also provides quality ethics programming to law firms and bar associations. She is a former member of the Illinois Bar Association Professional Conduct Committee and the ABA Standing Committee on Lawyers Professional Liability; and a current member of the Chicago Bar Association Board of Managers and the ABA Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Conduct. She writes an ethics column WoodWiseEthics that appears in The Chicago Daily Law Bulletin.
LEC WOULD WELCOME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU IF YOU ARE:
- a lawyer who has received a Request for Investigation from the ARDC;
- a lawyer who is a named Respondent in a formal complaint filed by the ARDC;
- a legal malpractice attorney seeking an ethics expert opinion;
- a Bar Applicant who faces challenges with the Character & Fitness Committee;
- a Managing Partner or General Counsel seeking an ethics consultation about a firm issue;
- a Solo or Law Firm seeking to learn how to reduce risk of professional liability; or
- a bar association or law firm seeking an ETHICS MCLE program, speaker, or moderator.
Please call (312) 396-4060 to schedule a consultation. There is a fee for the consultation and flat fees for most services.